Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It’s Tuesday…Challenge time at Shopping Our Stash!!

For my Clear it Out Tuesday blog post scroll down or click HERE.

It’s almost May and it’s a May Day challenge at Shopping Our Stash,
IMG_2108
Here is my project for the challenge, it is a 2013 day planner I repurposed for keeping track of my challenges. Lots of space on each page to jot down challenges I want to do and what dt projects that need to be done and checked off when they are finished. Here is the inspiration picture for you.
maypole6
May 1st is May Day I’m not sure if any schools do the May pole dance it was quite the co-ordination to get the over and under to make the pattern on the pole. The picture is just to inspire you for the challenge. You can go many ways with it, ribbons, something twisted, tall and skinny, rainbow colours you have lots of options.  As you can see I went with the ribbon theme and I used the 7 Chakra colours on the coils of the book, I love purple and had some scraps from other projects so did my new favourite thing and made a sunburst. I used a Bugaboo image it doesn’t pertain to May Day but it shows me it’s my crafting book. You can find Bugaboo images HERE
.
                   IMG_2109
I love the sentiment it came along with the image I used, hope it  keeps me on track.
I am entering this in:
Glitter N Sparkle Challenge blog challenge #82 use some ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by today to check out what I’ve been crafting. I hope you will join the May Day challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

11 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

what a sweet card...tfs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well what a fabulous idea! I never thought of making a challenge journal - awesome project! Love all the ribbon - I can definitely see the inspiration from the photo. Great sentiment too! Have a great day!

Leslie Hanna said...

Great idea to keep a book for the challenge dates. I am sooooo far behind.

Lindsey said...

Love this, Barb! Between all the fun ribbon and all the purple, you won't be able to lose track of this organizer!

Lynn's Place said...

Sweet book and great idea..well done lady...tfs

lauren bergold said...

BRILLIANT idea missus, and perfectly executed! love love LOVE those chakra colored ribbons on the spine!!! <3

Alica said...

Great idea - love the sunburst pattern and the ribbons too!

Tracy said...

Great way to keep track of your Dt's and challenges.
Your book turned out lovely and makes you just want to grab it and write in it.
Great take on the challenge as well :)

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Barb! Perfect image for the cover, and I love the ribbons :)

Chris Dring said...

Look at you, getting your Chakra on! LOL! Love this re-purposed day planner, Barb! Great colored image and sentiment, and love all the purple!

Donna said...

Awesome Barb, you totally got yer craft on for this one!
Love the ribbon!