Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Welcome to Pieces of April!!!

If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post scroll down or click HERE.

April showers make the snow go away so the May flowers can make their way out to greet the sun. I saw lots of snow drops on Sunday, tulips and daffodils were poking their leaves out of the ground, what a fabulous sight. Shopping Our Stash has a great challenge for this second week of April…pieces of April which means paper piecing. This is a fun challenge and you can use up some scraps and that is what the blog is all about. I love to shop in my stash I never know what I might uncover.
For my Pieces of April I used a House Mouse image from House Mouse Designs these little guys are my “go to” stamp for lots of occasions and it’s been a little while since I used one.
IMG_2070 
I picked the image because it reminded me of the  March winds we had and how March went out like a lion, I paper pieced the balloon cut the image with my labels 8 spellbinders die and layered it on the pink that I cut with the Fancy Labels 8 die by Spellbinders. Doesn’t he look like he is having a fun time.
IMG_2071
Here is the inside of the  card waiting for the sentiment, it was done with some scraps I had in the scrap box.
Challenges I’m entering this in:
Gruffies and Guests Anything goes with the option of lace. I didn’t use lace but I did use a lacy die cut.
Thanks for stopping by today and come back again soon.

11 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

This is so sweet just love the whole thing...great job....tfs

Unknown said...

Great job! Love it!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! that house mouse is just WAY TOO CUTE!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the look of House Mouse, but have no patience for coloring. And didn't March come IN like a lion AND go out like one?!?! Blech.

Donna said...

Great card Barb! Love the paper pieced balloon! I am with ya, that totally reminds me of our Southern Ontario March this year!

Lindsey said...

This is so adorable! Love the paper-pieced balloon, and yes, how perfect for the March (and winter) we had. Jealous that your snow has receded enough for flowers, though... ;)

Jessi Fogan said...

FLOWERS!?!?! Totally jealous. Sigh. Although I won't complain too much since I got to see them in Vancouver, it'll be May before we see the tulips come up in the yard here :)
This is perfect for the wind we had here yesterday - a few times I expected to have to go out & rescue the garbage cans from the middle of the road! And you know I always love these mouses :)

Tracy said...

Such a sweet image and a sweet card.
I am hoping to get rain to melt this snow. I seen some grass around the shed, so that is encouraging.

Chris Dring said...

Fabulous card, Barb! What a fun image to paper piece! Love it!

America said...

SO glad you used a got-to House-Mouse stamp. They sure do know how to bring instant happy smiles to the recipients. Hope you can join in a House-Mouse challenge over at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Blog too. :)

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card! thank you so much for joining us at Gruffie & Guests, hope to see you again and good luck in the draw.
Shaz DT x