Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Challenge #148….Earth Day at Shopping Our Stash


If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday blog post scroll down or click HERE.
At Shopping Our Stash we would like you to join us in celebrating Earth Day Today!! April 22, 2014. The challenge is to up-cycle or recycle your project. Check out what the other design team members have done, they are awesome. I really didn’t know what I wanted to do for my project a lot of ideas came to mind but I decided to recycle an invitation card I received a while ago.
IMG_2105
I trimmed the front and layered it on so saffron and teal, I removed the flower and popped it up and added the ribbon to the stem. I just couldn’t bear to not use the whole card, I thought it would make a cheery get well card or Birthday card so didn’t add a sentiment.
IMG_2106
Here is a closer look at the flower.
IMG_2107
More teal, so saffron and a white layer  for the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will join us for Earth Day! Just click HERE to check out the rules for the challenge.

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

So pretty and EASY! Beautiful job!

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous! I love the layering - it really makes the whole card pop!

Lynn's Place said...

Love how you layered the flower...so pretty and great for earth day...tfs

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooo totally GORGEOUS! :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful job and great idea for recycling! Love how it turned out!

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! What a great way to reuse an invitation that really is too pretty to just recycle -- and you made it even better! :)

Tracy said...

Pretty card :)
Like that you recycled part of a card :)

Chris Dring said...

Talk about taking an invitation and recycling it into something even better! Love this, Barb!

Donna said...

What a great way to re-purpose an invitation! I love the colours and the layers....GREAT job lady!

Diane said...

What a bright and cheerful card design Barbara.

Hugs Diane