Saturday, April 19, 2014

It’s SATURDAY!!! and E is for Embellishment at SOSS

For me is really is Saturday, I totally forgot my blog post yesterday. `Note to self….do the blog post as soon as you finish the card.
Since it is the second Saturday of the month it`s time for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers it is E for Embellishment. Now you can have as many as you want, all the same or all different but it has to be at least 2 now that is an easy challenge.
IMG_2090
I know it`s Easter, I haven`t lost my mind that far but I really wanted to use this adorable image from House Mouse Designs. I have been trying to make a couple of Christmas cards every month. The flourish stamp is from Hero Arts the poinsettia is a boss cutz die, I did cut an extra petal to make it look fuller.
IMG_2091
Close up of the cute little rodent. I coloured it up with my prisma colour pencils and oms, added some white opal liquid pearls on the had and snow.
IMG_2092
A closer look at the poinsettia, I used a brad in the center for one of my embellishments. I put 11 red rhinestones on the flourish to make and even dozen for the challenge.
IMG_2093
As you can see, I still haven`t ``dug`` out the sentiment stamps for the inside of my Christmas cards. One day I will have a marathon.
Challenges I am entering this in:
House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge add a flourish and a flower (ends tonight)
Gruffies and Guests Any thing goes with an optional twist (lace)
Crafty Hazelnut`s Christmas Challenge Put a hat on your project
Crafty Hazelnut's christmas Extra challenge Anything goes for April

Thanks for looking today and have a fabulous Easter weekend.

19 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous poinsettia and the little mouse is too cute for WORDS, Barbara! Fabulous flourish all decked out with the gems, too. Love it! xxD

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cute little mouse and I love your poinsettia!

Lynn's Place said...

I JUST LOVE THAT MOUSE...HAVE THAT ONE AND IT'S JUST TO CUTE...WHAT YOU DID WITH CARD JUST TOTALLY ROCKS...TFS

Chris Dring said...

You are the Queen of House Mouse, Barb! Love how you colored that sweet little guy and what a beautiful poinsettia! Your card is absolutely amazing!

Donna said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Barb!! I love the poinsettia and that house mouse?? Yeah Chris is right...youa re the Queen of House Mouse!!
Another fab card!

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! This little meece is so cute! If there's one thing I LOve A.Y.R. it's Christmas cards..Your Image,Poinsettia and Papers are GOrgeous! and I LOve, LOve, LOve your liquid pearls..Thank you sooo much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends.
GDT Chrissyxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas Card!

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card, love those house mouse images :)

Christine said...

Hi Barbara this is awesome ..gorgeous colours & the flower/flourishes are perfect for our chall theme.

Thanks for sharing at House Mouse & Friends chall this time.

smiles Christine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Barbara :-) such a cute image and I love the poinsettia and flourish ,,, FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm a blog-from-the-seat-of-my-pants gal myself ;) I generally blog a couple of hours before the challenge goes live. If I do it too far ahead I manage to screw it up, every.durn.time.
I love this little mouse - SO cute! - and that flourish & gorgeous poinsettia are the perfect additions!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love your card. The die cuts are great and the little house mouse is such a cutie. Lx

Lindsey said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card, Barb -- and such a cute little house mouse!

Renate said...

Leuke kerstkaart, Barbara! Lief met je stempelafdrukje in de hoek!
Fijn dat je meedoet bij CHCC Extra.

Groetjes, Renate

Hazel said...

Thanks also for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for April - hope to see you again soon x

Anne said...

Thank you for popping in to April CHNC Challenge Extra to share your card with us. Hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Anne (April Guest Designer)

Karen Schroeder said...

Love your card! Don't worry about procrastinating on the blog post. You're in good company...I usually make the card and blog about at the last moment!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card! thank you so much for joining us at Gruffie & Guests, hope to see you again and good luck in the draw.
Shaz DT x

Carol L said...

This is perfectly embellished! I love all the bling and the mousie's little Santa hat!