Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Challenge #147 “Taxman” use Numbers!!

If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post scroll down or click HERE.

Guess we all know the number crunching for the taxman although Canada has a couple more weeks (which is good for me) Since I was asked to make a Sapphire Anniversary Card (45 years) I thought perfect for the challenge, there is no stamping and no colouring (gasp) unreal for me as I love to colour. I love the way it turned out and plan on making a “box envie” for it. This is what I made for Shopping Our Stash challenge this week.
IMG_2075
I used some recollections gemstone paper for the blue and shimmer white from Stampin’up both are a couple of years old, the flowers are also from my stash, I take them apart and put them back together, there are tiny pearls in the centers. Ribbon and flowers are from Len’s Mills store. I cut the 45 with my Cuttlebug alpha dies and attached them to thin strips of clear acrylic.
IMG_2076
Close up of the numbers done with stardream cardstock scraps.
IMG_2077
The sentiments are both computer generated.
Thanks for looking today and I hope you will dig into your stash and create a project for the Taxman/numbers challenge at Shopping our Stash.

10 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Barb, this is gorgeous!! What a beautiful keepsake card for them - and WOW, 45 years together. WOW. That is not something you see too often! Love those flowers, and such a clever idea to use the strips to attach the numbers!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Barb!!! If I ever make it to 45 years of marriage I totally want you to make me a card!!! 38 years to go lol
I can't believe you made a card with no colouring *gasp*

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and design Barbara.

Hugs Diane

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow - This is absolutely beautiful! The recipients will be blown away! Love everything here - the flowers are luscious! I love how you did the numbers with the clear strips - you can't tell - they look like they're floating.

Lynn's Place said...

How clever with the numbers and such a gorgeous card...tfs

Leslie Hanna said...

Yes, the strips of acetate behind the numbers is GENIUS!

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card
Great idea to adhere those thin numbers to a piece of acetate, You don't even know its there!

Chris Dring said...

My jaw is in my lap, Barb! This card is absolutely stunning! I'm with Donna, if I make it to 45 years of marriage, I want you to make us a card! LOL! Brilliant idea to put the numbers on acetate - you can't even see that!

lauren bergold said...

how cool to have occasion to make a sapphire anniversary card, and you have done them proud! so elegant and fab... they will save this forever!!!

Lindsey said...

This is just beautiful, Barb. :)