Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Working on my Winter Card Stash the Merry Monday way...............

First I saw the sketch at Tuesday morning Sketches and I loved it, of course as I said I was going to work on Christmas/Winter cards all year I spotted the Merry Monday challenge of White on White, well since I've made a few with that colour challenge I wanted to try one again. I bought the Gently Falling embossing folder from Stampin'up before Christmas but hadn't used it and knew it was perfect for the sketch. So here is my card and I will explain how it was done.


I love this snowglobe die from Impression Obsession, I think I have had it for two years and just started to use it. The trees and deer are also from impression obsession and they fit perfect on the circle. I used three different whites on this card. The snowflakes (IO) deer, trees and base are shimmer paper, The snow globe circle is some swirled shimmer paper years old and this might be the last piece. The card base and softly falling embossed layer are plain white from Michaels.


Close up of the snowglobe scene.


Using a tip about putting recipe cards for the inside (thanks Tracy) I cut the card with the Top Note so I can write a personal message on it. The little snowman was a leftover die cut that was just sitting on the table.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Fab & Funky Challenge #286 use something new ~~ softly falling embossing folder

Merry Monday #186 ~~ White on White 

Tuesday Morning sketch #333 


Thanks for spending some time here today and have a fabulous week.

16 comments:

Dawn said...

What a lovely creation! I adore WOW cards & you've done a beautiful job here!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Margaret said...

oooh! I want this snow globe die ~ lovely job!!

Lindsey said...

Love the white-on-white! And nice job combining challenges.

Kristina said...

Lovely white card!! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky challenges

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Barb, love the snowglobe. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Debbie said...

Beautiful! I love the elegant look of the white on white! Wonderful die cuts!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh Barb, that snowglobe is awesome and how perfect that the deer and trees fit right in! This is so beautiful! Great job sistah!

Heather Hopson said...

Beautiful card. Love the snow globe and the design on it. Nicely done. also love the idea of the recipe cards for inside.

Judith said...

This is so pretty - definitely a WOW! - thank you so much fro playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith x

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful.
I love the white on white with the different textures in the papers, but still all white.
The swirl paper was perfect for the globe :)
And glad I could inspire you to use recipe cards for the inside of your card…perfect for writing needing straight lines :)

Ann Butler said...

This is so lovely, and can still be used now. The different textures do make everything stand out.

Colleen said...

Awesome white on white card! I love all your layers and using so many different "whites"! Thank yu for joining us at Merry Monday!

paper bag create said...

Gorgeous white monochromatic card...love the layers of the snow globe and the different whites really showcase your elements!!

conil said...

AMAZing snowglobe. Beautifully done. So intricate and clever. Great take on the Merry Monday challenge

PJ said...

Your card is beautiful. I am a huge fan and collector of snow globes, so this card just jumped right off the page on the white on white challenge.. Awesome.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I love how you created a scene in the snow globe -so pretty! Thanks so much playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)