Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Shopping Our Stash challenge #236 ~~ Inspired by a Book

Looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post? Scroll down or click HERE.

Have you read any good books lately? You are in a good place to join Shopping Our Stash for the newest challenge, Inspired by a Book. I haven't done a lot of reading in the last couple of years, the last book I read was (keep it under your hat) 50 shades of grey, but I already did a challenge for that one. What a time I had picking a book and I took the easy route and chose "The Little Mermaid" as I had a freebie image from Sassy Studio design Facebook page. So here is what I made.


First I coloured the image with Yellow Rose, Sunflower and Persimmon twinkling H2os and fussy cut her out, I had a scrap of shimmery grey I thought would be a great rock for her to sit on. Next on to the background, I'm not sure if the technique has a name but I scribbled blue and green copic markers on a huge plastic bag, spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and put the shiny cardstock on it, the rhinestones were left overs from "My Precious" challenge card and the butterfly was sitting on my table.


close-up of the image and the background.


I was in a hurry and didn't stamp the sentiment on the inside, but it's ready for one.


Thanks for visiting today and don't forget when you enter the Inspired by a Book challenge remember to tell us what book, not all will be as obvious as mine LOL. Check out the rules at the main blog and while there check out what the rest of the Design Team have been inspired by.

6 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Barbara! Well I am glad you chose The Little Mermaid. Your treatment of this image is perfect! That background is definitely spot on. Harmonious design and beautifully crafted!
Hugz,
Chana

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty, Barb! Gorgeous background and you've coloured her beautifully!

Donna said...

Fab job Barb! Love the mermaid image...and your colouring...AWESOME!!

Lindsey said...

Barb! You need to read more. ;) That being said, your Little Mermaid card is beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

well mermaids are ALWAYS a great idea for a card or anything else and "the little mermaid" is an awesome classic! brilliant, missus! ♥

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That's one good looking mermaid! Very cute.