Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Something New ~~ A New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash

Looking for my Clear it Out post scroll down or click HERE.

Wow Shopping Our Stash is having a challenge to use something that is new, something you might have gotten for Christmas or found at a discount or something you just had to have. Before Christmas I had a chance to get to Michael's art store and they were having a 60% off sale on seasonal items. I picked up doilies , some glitter cardstock and a Hero Arts stamp. I'm so happy to be able to use it for this challenge.


I inked the stamp with Night of Navy from Stampin'up and stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock, I spritzed it with some glimmer mist and it really sparkles IRL. The image layered on Night of Navy cardstock and popped up on shimmer cardstock embossed with the new gently falling embossing folder from Stampin'up. 


I was hoping this shows the shimmer 


Finished inside.

Keeping up with a Holiday/Christmas stash I am entering this in:

Jingle Belles Rock Use something Old and something new. Stamp & embossing folder new, lace and ribbon is ancient.

Thanks for stopping by today and we would love to see what you have that is NEW.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Barb! Love that you linked up to Jingle Belles as well...just awesome!

Chris Dring said...

Ooooh! I love your card! That stamp! I NEED that stamp! Love the falling snow background and yes, I can totally see the shimmer!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Barb, what a great stamp you got! And a great deal at 60% off! Wish I lived near Michaels - it's 2 hrs away. This is a beautiful card and these types of stamps make it so easy (no colouring required!). Love the inside too! You're doing great with starting your Christmas cards early. I plan to get two made this month myself.

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW, what a great card and how cool that you could combine JB with SOS this week. awesomr combination of old and new items on your card! so happy you've been joining our JINGLE BELLES fun in 2016! :) :) :)

Chana Malkah said...

What a beautiful scene, Barbara! Love the way you enhanced your design with the embossing! I have almost given up on photographing anything with shimmer. Never really translate the way I want it to in my pictures! Again, Great job!
Hugz,
Chana

SmilynStef said...

I love that stamp ... and it's so serene in blue ... so glad you started 2016 with the jingle belles.

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG this is simply gorgeous, Barb! What a peaceful beautiful image :)

Tracy said...

This card is stunning!!!!
Such a beautiful stamp and you rocked it!!