Saturday, January 23, 2016

Welcome back for a NEW challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

Challenge #51 at SoSS is T is for Technique you can try a  new Technique or use a Favourite one.  I decided to try a new technique and it was fun!!! Watercolour Smooshing!!!


Since I wanted the technique to be the "star" I kept it pretty simple with a memory box anchor die cut some blue and white bakers twine and a simple Happy Birthday.


I used three shades blue distress inks and one green (peeled paint)  it was very simple, a bit messy but so much fun. I put each of the inks separately on an acrylic block spritzed with water then applied it to the water colour paper.


Stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper then added another anchor die cut.

I would like to enter this in:




Thanks for visiting today and sure do hope you will join the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for T is for Technique I would love to see what you can do.






14 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous watercolour smooshing Barbara, it works so well with the anchor. Enjoy the weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Donna said...

Love your watercolour background Barb! This is a perfect dude card!

Lindsey said...

Isn't smooshing a fun technique! While I don't think it ever goes *wrong*, yours is particularly pretty. And perfect for the nautical theme you went with. (I have some of that inside paper, too!) Love this, Barb.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, your smooshing looks fabulous, Barb! I think it's time I played with this technique again! I think the anchor was a good choice for this background! Lovely inside as well!

Celeste Goff said...

Love that background!!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I keep forgetting about this wonderful background technique....so pretty! Love the addition of the anchor too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Jane Willis said...

Great technique, it looks like wonderfully messy inky fun!
Jane

Lynne Mizera said...

What a great card! And I love how you made the background front and centre - it really shows off your inky greatness!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

smooshing is loads of fun. great job

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that background! You really achieved great results with the smooshing. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Tracy said...

Such a fun card and a fun technique!!
I have done this on scrapbooking paper, but used a sliced page protector instead of the acrylic block...so fun :)

Cheryl said...

Love your smooshing! Such great colors and a great card!
Thanks for joining this week at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Your smooshed background looks amazing, as does your entire card! Love it! And thanks for linking this up at Just Us Girls!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love your design and colors. Great smooshing! xxD