Saturday, August 3, 2024

Summertime............and the living is easy.

 Well did you sing along? It's the first Saturday of a new month so the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is having a new  challenge so here is our beloved Edna to show you all about it.


As you see S is for Summer so let's give it our best "shot" and here is mine.


Nothing more Summer than laying on a blanket with an umbrella on the beach listening to the waves rolling in.  Since I am trying to keep things a bit simpler I decided not to use an image that was too intricate to colour and since I chose the super cute happy hopper i just couldn't add any snark. I  attempted to make a beachy background with distress oxide inks on watercolour paper I really like the paint flicking part to make it look like sand. I added a couple of Eyelet Outlet  sea shell brads, a cloud from my odds box. I flat attached the blanket/bunny but popped the umbrella up. 


I suppose you are thinking "what the heck, a Christmas sentiment" well it's a dual purpose one as my card is for the Physio girl that is going on vacation. 

I am entering this in



Thanks for stopping by and check out the MAIN BLOG I'm sure there will be some great summer snark there. 








5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your best shot is perfection! Always love your House Mouse creations, Barb, Jo x

Donna said...

Love it, that looks super relaxing and the sentiment totally works for summer holidays!
I am singing along, but what I am singing is, in the summer time when the weather is high...you can reach right up and touch the sky....

April said...

What a great card! I love the background you made for this cute little happy hopper. Wonderful coloring too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, cute stamp and lovely coloring! Thank you for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Barbara :-) the bunny is adorable and I love how you colored the sand and sea + the little shells, the whole deign is gorgeous! :-)

Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x