Tuesday, February 28, 2023

I Can See Clearly Now....

 My card for today started out with an idea to use a die cut bauble for Christmas Kickstart, then I remembered it's the last day of the month for Rudolph days, so thought a double challenge well thinking about my design I grabbed some left over acetate ( left over from making ethe great-grands Valentines) to make a clear card, and that is the challenge at the Jingle Belles Rock so now added another challenge to a card, rarely do I combine challenges with one card but it just sort of worked out that way. ABC Christmas challenge is also in the mix...D is for Diecuts. I just can't believe it took me all day to put it together, well 75% of the time is always looking for that one die or stamp that is in the "safe" place. 


I die cut this three piece die set at least 1 year ago but I'm thinking 2 or more I made tags and cards as I cut it three times, the snowflake section I used last year. The acetate was cut 4 1/4 X 6 scored at 5.5 and folded and taped to the patterned cardstock from Dollarama. The circle is flat attached and the snow flake is popped up. Since I didn't locate Merry Christmas I used Tis the Season Die. 

I added a bit of patterned cardstock to the  base of the acetate for stability I will add an extra piece of cardstock to the back of the card for the sentiment and to make it more stable. 


Close up of the focal point I added starform glitter dots to the snowflake tips and center .

Because of timing I am adding this to 4 challenges.

Rudolph Days ~~ February 2023

Jingle Belles ~~ It Came Upon A Midnight Clear.

Christmas Kickstart ~~ #71 Baubles unfortunately it closed before I got there.


ABC Christmas Challenge ~~ D is for Die cuts


Thanks for stopping by today I am keeping up with my holiday stash one card at a time.















6 comments:

Whisper said...

WOW what a lovely bauble die & what a great idea to mount it onto acetate, thanks for joining in February's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Barb! Your Rudolph Days card is beautiful! I love the cool acetate front and gorgeous layered die-cuts! I'm starting to feel a bit better but it was a rough month or two. I still have vertigo (fell yesterday but didn't hurt myself) but the vertigo is not as bad as I've had it in the past so I'm up and around now but have to take my time and be careful with everything I do. Hope all is well with you, my friend! Sending hugs from Nova Scotia! Lots of snow today!

Fabiola said...

elle est magnifique Barbara, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

scrappymo! said...

Your bauble card is so lovely! That die is fab!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

what a cool design ... love the layers ... so glad you shared your CLEAR-ly awesome card with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

What a beautiful and elegant design! I love that you've made the entire front from clear transparency, floated the element and then layered it over a patterned inside... SOOOO sophisticated! So happy you could join our CLEAR elements fun at Jingle Belles!