Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere

Flowers Flowers Everywhere is the new Challenge at Shopping Our Stash, it will be so nice seeing all the flowers in the gallery as right now I'm looking at piles of snow/ice with more to come. I had a plan as always and I usually try to have a plan "B" for those times that I have put plan "A" in that safe place, I was positive I knew where the Hero Arts Poppy stamp was, but it wasn't there so with no plan "B" I had to put my thinking cap on. I'm sure you have been where I was not able to get by the fact I WANTED to use the Poppy Stamp so I was having trouble thinking past it, finally I remembered a 3D folder I bought early last year and had never used it, in my defense I needed to google how to make a sandwich for it, so checked Mr. Google and you don't need any special plates so I'm now in love with the folder and want more.  Enough gabbing and let's get on with the challenge. 


As you see I'm back in my "pink" stage but that was only because when I saw that the folder was Sweet Peas I remembered I had an already coloured sweet pea image that was a stamped image from a friend. I used my original spellbinders ovals and the Happy Birthday die cut is layered three times. as well as the oval with the flower. 


Close up so you can see how beautiful the folder is.


Finished the inside with scraps of pink and a very ancient Hero Arts sentiment must be at least 20 years old. I used a Brilliance ink pad that must be a bit dry as it didn't stamp dark enough, there is no "re-do" with a wood mound stamp. 

I'm going to add this to:

Seize the Birthday ~~ Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will dig out your Floral stamps and send us a bouquet.








4 comments:

dj said...

Nice...love the matching embossing folder!! Once again you offer great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new "Flowers!! Flowers Everywhere" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. #SOS491

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful birthday card and beautiful pink flowers! I'm always in a pink stage LOL! LOVE the 3-D embossing folder!

Colleen said...

The embossing folders are lovely way to get outstanding dimension for the background! I love it! Sweet Peas is one of my favorite flowers and our coloring is super! Thank you for joining us at STB!

AlisonC said...

Everyone's favourite - sweet peas! That folder is gorgeous and you were lucky to find the image. I hope you find your other stamp soon. I've definitely been there and had to swivel my ideas.