Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #283 ~~ Winter Wonderland (two week challenge)

Challenge #283 at Shopping Our Stash is Winter Wonderland, we want to see Winter cards not Christmas.  I'm make Winter card when it gets late in the season that way if they don't make it before the big day they don't say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. As you know I follow the Jingle Belles Rock so it was important I find a stamp I have NOT used in previous challenges, it wasn't too hard I had one on my shelf that was perfect and with my favourite birds....Cardinals.  Here is what I came up with.


The stamp is from Impression Obssession F1929 Cardinals by Window coloured with distress markers, the background was using some snowflake stamps from a 6 pack from Hero Arts (3 snowflakes and 3 snowmen) One of the first sets I bought when I first started stamping over 10 years ago and hasn't seen ink in a long time.


Close up of the image


Inside of the card, I used my favourite sentiment stamp of the season from Impression Obsession #19022 Most wonderful Time . I think I will add a bit of colour to it, as it looks boring

Thanks for visiting today and remember this is a two week challenge so the design team have some relaxing time. I would like to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.



5 comments:

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card, Barbara! That image is gorgeous and I'm glad you used it!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Love that image! Beautiful card!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card, I love that stamp and your lovely coloring!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Barb, that's a stamp? At first glance, I thought you were upcycling an old Christmas card! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the pops of red and the red matting! I make a lot of winter cards. Christmas comes and goes so quickly but winter seems to go on forever. I have people on my list that don't celebrate Christmas but I still like sending them a card.

Mimi said...

Wow-- a lot of work went into this: the background, the cardinal image... beautiful! I think the sentiment is fine in b/w, but I could also see it with a pop of color. I'm amazed that you were able to find more holiday stamps that you haven't used-- you make so many xmas cards! Well done! What a stash!