Tuesday, December 6, 2016

It's Tuesday!! Time for the New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

Challenge #281 at Shopping Our Stash is Gift or Gift card packaging....well I was a bit confused but it all boils down to make a gift or a gift card holder, you can alter or make a gift bag/box, something that holds yummy chocolate or perhaps some cookies or my favourite....Christmas cake...yum. Our bowling Christmas party was on November 30th and I decided to make all the girls a little gift.  I found this tutorial on making a hot cocoa holder or if you are Canadian it'a Hot Chocolate holder at My Chic'N Scratch blog  I did have to adjust the measurements for the hot chocolate packages I had.

Talk about shopping my stash all the cardstock I used is from a package of 12 X 12 patterned and plain paper I bought at Walmart before I retired 15 years ago and there is still some patterned paper left but I used all the light blue, dark blue and snowman paper. I even got to use the tiny craft stapler. I added the candy cane to use for a stir stick.


Here is the inside, the packet sits loose and is held by the "belly"band.


Here they are all 18 of them ready to be handed out at our lunch;

Now you have check out my project head over to the Main Blog and see what the rest of the design team have made. Thanks for joining me today and have a wonderful week.




7 comments:

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so cute! I love the candy canes on the front!

lauren bergold said...

holy wowk, not only do you have a SUPER-clever idea... you made *18* of those??!?! totally winning the prize for bravery & mass-production this week, missus! wow! <3 <3 <3

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Barbara, my grandson would LOVE LOVE this, he is 16 but still loves Candy Canes (shh!! don't let him know I told, you know how it is with teen boys, need to maintain that rough appearance, lol!!) But I will CASE this for him and I know he will get a kick out of it.
He hoards Candy Canes during the Holidays, I always put a box under the tree for him, this little gift will be on top of it.
Fabulous and sweet project.
Hugs,
Maria.

Chris Dring said...

Barbara, this is such an incredible gift idea! Wow! I love it! And bonus for adding the candy cane stir stick!

Chana Malkah said...

This is a wonderful idea! I love candy canes. Now you have gotten me started!
Hugz,
Chana

Mimi said...

AWESOME! Yes! You shopped your stash, woman! How cute are these? It's always fun to get into a project and make a bunch of something (gifts, favors...)-- so productive, and a great use of your stash!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is such a cute gift for your bowling friends! I bet they loved it! I think hot cocoa is always a nice gift, and especially this time of year! Did you get lots of snow last week? We did! It snowed almost every day. But yesterday it was 12 degrees C and it rained most of it away - Yay! I'm not a winter girl!