Saturday, November 25, 2023

It's Rudolph Days!!!

 I am unusually early with a card for Rudolph Days but there is a reason......I decided to try a new technique with a new product, well it really wasn't going well when I finished  "playing" I was covered in mica spray all three colours that I have and I really was disappointed in the purple as it didn't have a lot of shine, and I shook it well too. Now I never trow my fails out (unless they are really bad) and when I saw a post what do you have on your craft table the "fail" was there including the silver die cut I had planned on using and when I looked at it the green "fail" didn't look too bad so I finished it and I like how it came together. I am sure I just need practice using sprays. So there is my story about why I'm early to Rudolph Days.


I used the more textured side of the  paper, it does shine nicely too but sparkle never shows well in photos. The Snowflake die is the largest of three from Elizabeth Craft Designs and was flat attached.  Debating on adding some bling to the center of the snowflake. 


Finished the inside with the smallest snowflake in the Elizabeth Craft Designs snowflake set and a vertical Hero Arts sentiment.

I'm adding this to:

Rudolph Days ~~ Novembeer

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are getting your Holiday cards done almost panic time.






2 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Barbara,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a wonderful and luxurious looking card and that large snowflake is beautiful.
Love how you finished the inside also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

It looks gorgeous, Barb! I keep all of my fails too. After some time goes by, sometimes later the samem day, or maybe the next day, they look a lot better! Sometimes I keep them for years and eventually get around to using them. It's nice that you had a play with a new technique. I may have bought some of this stuff myself, but I will have to check my cupboard as I've never even used it (if I have it, who knows?). I used to have a habit of buying crafty products after watching a video. Then when it arrives, I ask myself why I bought it LOL. I don't do this any more, can't afford it any more. Anyway, in your case it worked out beautifully! The huge silver snowflake looks amazing! I think I'll make a Rudolph Day card today; missed most of the year so better late than never LOL. Sending well wishes your way, my friend!