Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Wood You Believe?

 Challenge #452 at Shopping Our Stash is Wood You Believe? which I'm sure you have guess it is to feature woodgrain or something wood related on your project, For my card I used an Impression Obssession wood mount stamp (had it for a while) called Cardinals by Window. 


I'dm hoping this is enough woodgran on it for the challenge as always there are items at home that I could use but didn't think of it before I left home for the cottage,  It would have been a totally different card if I had the woodgrain stamp with me. My first thought was to make it without patterned paper (for the Jingle Belles Challenge) but I just didn't like anything I tried so I have this piece of plaid paper on the coffee table and it was begging to enhance those cardinals. I made the frame (again squares were not here) out of a Elizableth craft designs scalloped rectangle die. I added a piece of acetate and popped the frame up with foam strips. 


Close up of the cardinals, when  I coloured this I did the curtains in a soft green and omgoodness all I saw was GREEN it took away from the cardinals, I tried everything to tone them down and ended up putting another colour on but they are really not brown irl. 


Finished the inside with a few scraps of leftover paper and  a Hero Arts sentiment stsmp I won at the Jingle Belles challenge a few years ago, it has become one of my favourite sentiments. 

Thanks for stopping by today and check out the projects the rest of the design team have made, just click HERE.








4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh barb what an AMAZING card... and your coloring is outstanding, i had to read the text to know for sure that was stamp&color rather than an authentique journal card. outstanding in every way!!! ♥♥♥

Lindsey said...

This is classy and beautiful! Gorgeous colouring, and yes, I think it really did need the patterned paper. Nice!

Chris Dring said...

What a great way to think outside the box with that image of a wooden cabin! I thought too that it was either a patterned paper cut-apart or a repurposed Christmas card. Your coloring is fabulous, as is the entire card!

Donna said...

Love it!
A lovely winter scene in front of a lovely summer scene!
Love the cardinals - and of course the wood :)