Saturday, September 28, 2019

Christmas Kickstart challenge meets Mojo Monday Sketch.

I love Mojo Monday sketches, they have measurements, layers and easy to follow, sometimes it's the best way to get your "mojo" started. When I saw it I found the perfect stamp for that circle, it's a Penny Black stamp I have had for years and I use it for Christmas and Birthday cards too. 


I don't often use patterned paper in this way but this worked perfect for the sketch especially the one with the presents on it, which was perfect for the Penny Black stamp that followed the criteria for Christmas Kickstart Challenge ~~ It's a Gift
The white doily I was moving from place to place so decided it was time to use it, (it's a wonder I found it when the time came)  The image was coloured with copics cut and layered with the original spellbinders circle dies. The scalloped layer is cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs scalloped rectangles. Merry Christmas is a sticker.


Close up of the sticker, I liked the package so well I think I now have 3.


Finished the inside with a scrap of "presents" paper and  a sentiment from Impression Obsession (I think)  Every time I use this stamp it goes on crooked, if I remember next time I use it I will use a piece of scrap to adjust it as using the lines on the stamp positioner isn't working. 

I am entering this in:



Mojo Monday ~~ Sketch 523

This is the final card that I had backlogged due to a laptop issue which my local independent computer store fixed for me free of charge, that is just awesome.  
Thanks for stopping by today and the sketch challenge ends on September 29 but the Christmas Kickstart Challenge just started and ends in two weeks. 



5 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

What a cute cat with all the presents and what an awesome idea to put even more presents on the INSIDE of the card. I love it for our challenge at Christmas Kickstart. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Barb - love that cute cat! Yep, that paper works perfectly and I love that you have decorated the inside too, Jo x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining me for Mojo Monday!

Lindsey said...

Yay for Fluffles! He is definitely perfect both for the circle and for Jo's theme. Nicely done!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Barb! Hope everything is going okay with you! I finally have a moment to visit some blogs. Your Christmas kitty card is adorable! Love the doily too! Did you know... the Cat Lovers Hop is this month - I hope you'll play along! There's a link in my sidebar - Janis wants people to sign up ahead of time, even if they are just commenting. Thinking of you and hoping you're doing okay.

Hugs,
Kitty