Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #303 ~~Project Runway.

Hello there, it's Tuesday and time for a new Challenge at Shopping Our Stash and this week the challenge is brought to you from Mimi!!! and the challenge is to use fabric stash.  I dug deep for this challenge and btw it's a "two-fer" , I made TWO cards for your viewing pleasure. So without anymore delay here is the first one.


The background was made with fabric tape (must have been before washi tape) I have had it for over 5 years and I used most of the roll. The stamp I used is from House Mouse Designs called Inner Tube Nap, the Happy Birthday is cut with an Impression Obsession die.


Since there was a seashell theme happening I just had to use some Seashell brads from the

On to the second card


I kinda went freestyle with this card so I could feature the silk flower (there were two in the package) I received it from a Secret Sister swap and the date on the back of the package was 2005, so I'm shopping my stash big time. I made a Birthday card with the patterned paper so had some leftovers so using a one inch punch I made 8 patterned and 8 plain, did double sided tape on a piece of cardstock and very carefully lined them up and attached them, I then ran the finished piece through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder. Then layered it on green and a blue postage stamp die (unmarked) The Happy Birthday is also an unmarked die. 


Close up of the silk flower, finally I had a reason to spring it out of it's 2005 package.

I would like to enter this in:

Seize the Birthday and the toppings are Creatures or animals


Thanks for joining me here today and head over to the blog and see what fabric my teamies have used. 




12 comments:

lauren bergold said...

these are FAB-u-LOUS missus!!!!! :)

Donna said...

Fab(ric) cards Barb!
Love that fabric washi tape...how do I not have any fabric washi tape???

Lindsey said...

As with Donna, I'm thinking, how did I miss out on the fabric tape era? Love both cards, Barb, that is some serious patterned paper arranging on the second one.

Sue said...

This little bunny sure has the life. Wonderful card, loving the background you used too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Barb :-) I love the little bunny floating along there without a care in the world and there fabric tape and eyelets are fab! Your 2nd card is beautiful too, love the background and the flower is fabulous! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge 🐭
Luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

p.s, autocorrect added the 'er' to the end of the!! It should read the fabric tape ;-)

Mimi said...

Oooh, TWO! Way to shop that stash, girl! I love that fabric tape, looks cool, but it is just perfect with that adorable bunny! Just in time for summer greetings! And a flower from over 10 years ago... yay! Aren't you glad you used it?

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, I want to be that bunny just about NOW!! He looks relaxed and totally enjoying a snooze.
Your second card is also beautiful, love the quilted look on the panel with the embossing and the flower is simply gorgeous.
Fabulous cards.
Hugs,
Maria.

Christine said...

Hi Barb love this cute hopper sunning himself on his swim ring..fab use of the washi tape great colors lovely card ..

Thanks for sharing again with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall.

smiles Christine xx



Chris Dring said...

Amazing cards! Love that fabric tape and the cute bunny, and your quilted card is gorgeous! Well done!

stampwithsandy said...

A great pair of cards, Barb! Love the fun scene on the first one and the patchwork of your second one. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Dorte said...

Love your card, Barbara, super cute image and a lovely colour combo. Thanks for joining the 'ATG' theme challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Dorte x