Monday, May 22, 2017

I got the Christmas Blues.......

The challenge at the Jingle Belles Rock is Blue Christmas and I managed to get this done before the challenge closes.  I have been really slow in getting my Christmas cards going this year but it will soon change as we have opened the cottage and it's so relaxing to create there, no distractions except if it rains then Hubby wants to go to town.  We are just finishing up the May 24 long weekend, it's been rainy, cool and very windy.  I couldn't even manage to take pictures of my cards outside today. Enough chit-chat and on with the card.


Another 5 1/4 inch square card, and another quilt card, I used patterned paper from Bo-Bunny cut with a square stitched die, after it was attached to the base I used an embossing folder and ran it through the cuttlebug. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and the snowflake is one of my new unmarked dies which can be used for a poinsettia too. The center of the snowflake is a pearl and silver brad from the Eyelet Outlet.


Close up of the gorgeous sparkly snowflake and that awesome brad.

You know the routine when I craft at the cottage....something is always missing from my "stuff" and this time it is "inside sentiments" how could I forget those? So I'll be finishing up 4 cards at home with sentiments.

I am entering this in:
Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Blue Christmas 

Christmas Cards all year 'round ~~ Precipitation

Winter Wonderland ~~ Add some sparkle

Thanks for visiting today and have a wonderful week.



7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love that die cut, especially with that gorgeous brad in the center ... so very glad you're celebrating a BLUE Christmas with Jingle Belles.

Christine Harrop said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Winter Wonderland this time. Love that snowflake. Good luck. Christine DT x

lauren bergold said...

such an amazingly awesome holiday card! i really LOVE THIS missus! & why oh WHY have i never thought to EMBOSS a quilty-style paper pieced card after it's all assembled?! (k i'm totally stealing that idea!!!!0 ;) thanks for celebrating "blue christmas" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Kath said...

A lovely card - thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

Helen said...

Great card - love the blue and white colour combination.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

Helen x

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper