Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #294 ~~ All it's Cracked Up to Be!!!

Shopping Our Stash is challenging you to use a crackle technique. Now I have been challenged!!! There are a lot of videos and none helped me with my project, you see I had a plan and nothing was swaying me from that plan!! After three days and as many false starts it finally came together.


I must quit surfing Pinterest, that is where I saw the crackle frame and knew I wanted to try to replicate it. I think it worked out well. Although I have used the Poppy Stamps Madison large frame many times the window box has never been used. I hope you can see the two white kitties looking out at the visitor. I had some nylon netting to use for curtains and I added a scrap of flowered paper for the inside wall.


I had some scraps of grass left over from an Easter project so I just  added a few flowers and put those super cute pearls from Eyelet Outlet for the centers, they come in all colours and in rhinestones as well, 5 long strips of 100 in a package.


Here is the very fine crackle that the Deco Art crackle medium made.

Stash I used:
Deco Art crackle medium
Gesso
Acrylic paint (left over from tole painting classes)
Poppy Stamps Large window box at least 3 years without using
All the cardstock was from my scraps box even the card base. 

Well with that all said we are looking forward to see your "crackle technique" project. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week.


8 comments:

Mimi said...

Oooohhh... a weathered frame, of course! I'm so glad you stuck with your vision! Yes, I saw the white kitties, too! I love this, Barbara! So many possibilities with this scene, and you nailed this one!

Chris Dring said...

Ooooh! A weathered window frame! THIS looks amazing, Barb! I love this so much! WOW!!!

Wendy L said...

So cute, lovely card, xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is awesome, Barb! I love your crackle technique - I've not tried this yet! It turned out beautifully! I love this card - the kitties make it special!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Barbara, that is a gorgeous window, beautiful weathered look, that is what I wish I accomplished on my frame. Love the real look of peeling paint, just lovely.
I think I will buy that crackle medium and give this technique another try.
I had a few false starts, a few mishaps, some hair pulling but finally I was able to save one of the panels.
Love the kitties looking at each other, the window box with all of those sweet flowers looks lovely.
Beautiful job.
Hugs,
Maria.

Donna said...

WOW this is just awesome Barb!
Love the crackle on the window frame, makes it look so distressed and AWESOME!!!

Lindsey said...

This definitely worked out well! Love the window box, too. And to think I _almost_ bought some crackle accents last week and then put it back, oh well.

lauren bergold said...

i love EVERY SINGLE THING about this amazing masterpiece!!!!!!