Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Shopping our Stash #248 ~~ Chip off the old Block!!

Looking for my Clear it Out post scroll down or click HERE.

Shopping Our Stash is giving us one really great challenge this week....chip off the old block which means use chipboard.  Now I have not had a lot of experience with using chipboard so this challenge (as with most) I didn't know where to go with it then I saw a chipboard snowflake, wow there is where I would start. I'll explain more as I show photos.


As you see the snowflakes are glittered.....so am I and the table, the floor and anything else that was in a 3 foot radius. I first taped soowang tape on a piece of cereal box, home made chipboard, then put the turquoise glitter on it of course it isn't glitter ritz so it flaked off ..... a lot so in to the bathroom grabbed my hairspray (never use it for my hair) and sprayed it. Well the "real" chipboard snowflake was a bit more trouble, I versamarked it then used heat and stick then glitter, duh the chip board colour showed through shoulda painted it white.(insert head slap here) so I embossed it in white then did the whole thing all over again. Whew what a job, now I have more glitter all over.  When hubby goes for walks he often (like a crow) picks up shiny things and the center of the snowflake is an odd earring he found. The embossed layer was slated for another project but I didn't use it so SCORE!



Here is a close up of the chipboard snowflake and the recycled  earring.


Finished inside

Now I can go on with my story, the colour I wanted to use was Tempting Turquoise, I went to where I keep my cardstock and that slot was EMPTY, panic then I found one scrap of the colour in my scrap folder and voila enough to do the front and the inside, Not over yet....I find a full package that hadn't made it to the rack. 

I really need to enter this in:

Jingle Belles Rock Celebrating Earth day by recycling something (earring)

Thanks for joining me today and dig out that chipboard and show us what you can do with it.

5 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Dang Barb. You really suffer for your art, don't ya?! LOL! I'm glad you stuck it out, because your card turned out gorgeous. And yes, score on the earring in the center!

lauren bergold said...

holy moly i'm sorry about the "teething pains" but YOWZA what a card and i especially love that it's a two-fer that hits SOS and JB in the same week! SCORE!!! ♥♥♥

Chana Malkah said...

Barb, your experience sounds like my struggles with this challenge! Well, your sacrifice was well worth it as this is a fabulous creation.
HUGZ!

Donna said...

Harry finds the best treasures!!
You did a super job with the chipboard...glitter...UGH....that shite gets EVERYWHERE!!!

SmilynStef said...

That earrings is a rocking embellishment ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.