Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #247 "You Used Whaa?!!

You Used Whaa?!! - use an item NOT intended for stamping to stamp with is the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash and the person we are blaming for this awesome challenge is Chris!! What a challenge for me, I had an idea....it didn't work, I thought of something else........nope didn't work either, finally instead of thinking BIG I decided ATC, a smaller "canvas" to work on it's not as daunting.  So here is what I finally stamped with.


Crumb cake and black cardstock home made candy dots a bit of twine and In The Wild (retired) Stamp Set is what I used.


Here is a close look at the pattern I made with my non-stamp


I took a pencil with an eraser and because the eraser was dry it wasn't easy to make a pattern in it but it worked to make the giraffe spots on the cardstock, I used versafine sepia to "stamp" with the pencil eraser,

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you can join in the fun challenge to use something you wouldn't normally stamp with. 

6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

sorry about the false starts but YOWZA the 3rd time was totally TOTALLY the charm! this is outstanding!!! ♥

Chris Dring said...

The first two were just practice runs, because just LOOK how AMAZING your background turned out! What a fabulous card!

Donna said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this! It's sooooooo freakin' perfect!!!

Tracy said...

Your background stamping is awesome…perfect for your card!!

Lindsey said...

Brilliant! It may have taken a few tries, but the end result is definitely worth it.

Chana Malkah said...

Genius! As they say, you must be a carpenter because you nailed this!
Hugz,
Chana