Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Shopping Our Stash Challenge # 240 ~~ One is a Lonely Number ~~ One Layer Card

Looking for my Clear it Out post scroll down or click HERE.

Shopping Our Stash  has done a fabulous job of creating "my nemesis" One Layer Cards, I think I do one or two every year and always for a challenge for the design team. I'm totally lost when I can "add" more and more but I bit the bullet, took one for the team and made a One Layer Card!!!



For my card I used Very Vanilla cardstock, Tim Holtz distress markers and Inspired by Nature set from Stampin'up to create a watercolour look (I hope) 


The sentiment is from the same set but the butterfly is from a different Stampin'up set called Nature Walk (retired) and coloured with the distress markers. 

I made a few errors along the way to the finished product but I am pleased with it. Thanks for stopping by today and the SOS team would love to see how you create One Layer Card.


4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

this does not look AT ALL nemesis-y, missus. you have ROCKED it inna big big way!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card, Barb! I agree - the one-layer cards are the toughest for me. I rarely tackle them. You've done an awesome job here! I'm sure I have this stamp in my stash somewhere but haven't used it in a very long time. I've been under the weather for the past several days but starting to feel better!

Diane said...

Pretty! Nice colors!

Chris Dring said...

Barb! I LOVE those water colored flowers, and that butterfly really pops! What a beautiful card!