Monday, November 15, 2021

November 15th and Time for a New Challenge at A Tiny Craft (ATC)

 November is here and it's getting much colder, brrrr but you expect it when you live in Canada. With Armistice Day just over A Tiny Craft (ATC) Challenge wanted to honour the Poppy with a challenge. 


On the 11th I listened to the service on the radio and heard the Harvard planes do their fly-over 

Poppies make beautiful ATCs, I am hoping that my great-grand children will enjoy a sport card holder page with each of my atcs I make for this challenge, so far there has been a monthly theme that co-ordinates with the time of year. Here is what I made for my Poppy ATC.


There is definitely a story here, My plan started out with using a Hero Arts Clear Poppy stamp, but it was not in any of the obvious places, so I decided it's in that "safe" place we all have. Then I found a Poppy embossing folder from Stampin'up, not even sure I have ever used it well 3 attempts with using the folder were a fail. then I went to my 2004 "real flowers" stamps from Hero Arts. I bought them back when I first started stamping.  I then decided to stress myself even more by digging up a technique I have done in eons. Cracked Glass. Layered on black added some gold stickers and called it a day.


Here is a closer look at the cracks, I didn't follow through with the last step of rubbing a dark ink over the image for it to seep into the cracks then buff with a soft cloth, the jury is still out on this step.  There is a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for the technique. 


Another closer look at one of the better "cracked" ATCs. Adding the dark ink would emphasize the cracks better. 

I am adding this to:

ATC's with Heart ~~ Everything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to check out the new challenge at A Tiny Craft (ATC) Challenge and don't forget to head over to the MAIN BLOG and see the gorgeous poppy cards the design team and guest designer have made for your inspiration, then make your own Poppy ATC card or coin for us to ooh and ahh over it.  Remember the fail? one of them was not too sad looking so I might just play around and finish it, so stay tuned.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill











6 comments:

Donna said...

Barb!!!
What a GREAT idea to make an ATC for each great-Grandchild! I love that! You are just the most thoughtful person!
These ATC's are just gorgeous, the shattered glass is beautiful!

Crafting Queen said...

Love your ATCs they are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ATCs mit Herz. Anesha

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Barb, these are gorgeous! I'm so glad you persevered because the final product is beautiful! Your cracked glass technique was definitely a success!
And I love the idea of giving your ATCs to the great-grandchildren - I know they will cherish them.

Helen said...

GORGEOUS ATC's Barb! LOVE those poppies!!! Thanks for joining us at ATC with Heart! ((HUGS)) Helen

Lindsey said...

Such a sweet idea to pass these on to the greats, I think that's a brilliant idea. Your poppy ATCs are gorgeous! Here I am with a love of all things embossing, and I've never tried this. (I have a real flower daisy, likely the same vintage...)

Conny said...

Wow.. this is amazing! Great idea!
Thanks for joining us at ATCs mit Herz!

Hugs,
Conny