Wednesday, November 10, 2021

It's Ornamental, My Dear Watson....

It's a new challenge at the Jingle Belles and since my hair appointment was rescheduled I had s bit of free time to make a card for the challenge and get it done before the linky closed, well surprise I'm early, wow, it doesn't end until next Wednesday. 


I was inspired by a teamie's sunset scene you will find it HERE although I think I was a little more heavy handed when blending. I uses Gently Falling embossing folder for the background on navy stardream cardstock the ornament is silver and I layered it with two heavy cardstock layers, The Merry also cut out of Silver posterboard and 3 additional layers were cut to elevate it .


Since I kput Merry on the front with no room for Christmas I added "and bright" ancient rub on from Stampin'up and a sentiment from Stampendous.

I'm adding this to:

Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Ornamental My Dear Watson

Just Us Girls ~~ #609 Word Week Merry

Happy Little Stampers ~~ Anything Goes with Dies

Thanks for stopping by today and there is still time to make more ornament cards. 












7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Barb, this is so pretty! I love your gorgeous ink blending! I have this die (or something similar) so I hope to try something like this with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

ElizStewart said...

Barbara... loving your ornament! Stardream cardstock and mirracard are two of my favorite products... and combined with a gorgeous distressed background, it makes for a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

SmilynStef said...

Brilliant ink-blending inside your ornament ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Nancy said...

You totally inspired me with this gorgeous card too! Love the background and all the shine! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

Lindsey said...

Good idea CASEing Chris's sunset card - she just got a shoutout for it at Seize the Birthday today! It may be more vibrant than hers, but it's perfect to go with the silver and the blue background. GOrgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my goodness Barbara, that beautiful ornament would take pride of place on the tree in real life! The title of your post made me chuckle too :) Vicky x

lauren bergold said...

WOW!!! sooooo cool! it is always a great idea to CASE an SOS or SoSS team member and you've done a brilliant (in every sense) job!!! totally making me want to do some "sunset" ornaments right NOW! so happy to have this in our "ornamental" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥