Monday, August 24, 2020

No Patterned Paper is the Challenge!!

Finally found time to get the card finished for the Jingle Belles Rock challenge, you can't use patterned paper on your project. Not a biggie for me I like using embossing folders, glad it wasn't that. I was so inspired over Lauren's week 1 card I just had to case it, I have the same super cute stamp/die set, never been inked. Here is the LINK to her card.


And it's a shaker too!!! who wouldn't love a narwal card?  First time using the triple swirl die I cut it with light blue medium blue and navy and layered it on an greenish background. thus 4 colours. I just learned a very good lesson, when you have the super shaker cups too long they the adhesive doesn't hold and you need to use more or glue it. What a mess, beads all over and I aldread had the adhesive on the back ready to attach it to the card. So if you have some shaker cups remember my lesson.  Now that Narwal is just the cutest thing, I'm hoping to make more minus the shaker element. The background behind the shaker is oxide ink not patterned paper.


Just a closer look, I didn't use the die to cut him out I fussy cut as I didn't want a white edge and I love fussy cutting. 


As you see I couldn't throw those off cuts from the top layer  I figured they would work on the inside with the sentiment which I believe is Impression Obsession. 

I'm entering this in:

Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Cardstock Christmas 

That's all for now, Thanks for visiting today and stay tuned August Rudolph Days is soon.


3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

OH! MY! GOSH!!!!!!!! k you have made the DEFINITIVE narwhal xmas card right here, that diecut swirl background MAKES IT (& i'm pretty sure i NEED THAT now lol!) i love every single thing about this, especially that my sweet narwhal friend has finally seen ink! :) and as always i'm so pleased you could join our fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Lindsey said...

This is amazing! Your narwhal is so cute!!! The swirly die cut base is gorgeous, and then you top everything off by adding a shaker to the mix, too!

SmilynStef said...

that background is da' bomb ... love how Lauren's card inspired you ... so glad you joined our Cardstock Christmas at Jingle Belles.