Monday, April 20, 2020

Seize the Heroes!!!

There is an extra challenge at Seize the Birthday blog and it's called Seize the Heroes, make a card for one or more (up to 3) for the challenge to say Thanks to our frontline workers. The first card I made is to honour my daughter's profession, Cleaning!! Along with their regular cleaning of buildings they were asked to disinfect a retirement building.


The digital image is from Lacy Sunshine, I love these images and it's hard to find something pertaining to cleaning, I'm glad I had this one in my stash. I followed the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 There are two sketches to choose from. Thanks was cut three times from navy cardstock and glued together for elevation. After playing around with many many many pieces of cardstock to match the turquoise paper I had to go with navy and I love it.  "note to self AGAIN...pick paper first)


Couldn't resist a close up, look at the "dust bunnies" 

I am entering this in:


Thanks for visiting today and check out the the challenge and make a thank you card for our frontline workers. (I will be dropping this off at my daughter's house tonight so she finds it when she gets home from work)




7 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a great card for your daughter! Please tell her to be safe as she cleans the extra facilities! Love your mix of patterned papers too! So happy you joined us for our special challenge of Seize the Heroes!

Lindsey said...

This is excellent! I think the cleaning and custodial workers are overlooked in this current time. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Heroes!

Barbara said...

Yes, there are so many Heroes out there and they all need to be appreciated. You daughter will love this one. It is so stinking cute and creative. Thanks for Linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Special Hero Challenge.
Barbara DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fun card. Love the patterns and your coloring of this fun image. Wonderful take on our sketch this month. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2. AJ DT SSW2

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous image and you've coloured it beautifully! This is an awesome card for your daughter, Barb. Her work is so appreciated!

Kathie said...

Barbara what a lovely card to give to your daughter who is doing an amazing job during this horrendous time that we are all living through all over the world. Love this Lacey Sunshine image I must make a card using some images I have, you forget sometimes what you have on your computer. Love your design papers. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW~DT

anne said...

Beautiful colouring and a fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at SSW2
Anne -SSW2 DT