Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Challenge 392 ~~ Make an ATC card or coin.......

At Shopping Our Stash Donna has chosen the theme and it's make an atc card or coin, An Artist Trading card is 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 inches and a Coin is 2 1/2 inch circle both decorated with a theme, these are never sold only traded or given, they also make a fabulous focal point on a card.  I love ATCs but this time I wanted to try my hand at making "coins".  I used a couple of pieces of DCWV paper pad I've had for eons, at least 8 years old. For the base of the coin I used a cardboard box from halloween candy (saved it) it is very heavy, using some gel medium to glue the 2 1/2 inch circle to the same size piece of the patterned paper.  Leaving the 4 circles to dry on my table overnight and planned to finish them in the morning.


As you see there are only three coins, remember I said they were drying on my table, In the morning I cut my butterflies and embossed them with Silver Pearl embossing powder, it just puts a beautiful shimmer on no matter what you put it on. I bought this 5 or 6 years ago and I'm sure it's only the second time I used it. The sentiments were die cut out of foam core. So putting the coins together I realized one was missing and here is the culprit.


Toto delights in taking things off my table and I never found the coin, I'm sure is is in sad shape. Note to self......put things away or put something heavy on them while they dry.

On to the next set.



The first set was fun so I decided I wanted to make another "4" so I took 3 X 3 pieces of white cardstock and using distress oxide inks I made the backgrounds, I then  punched circles with the 2 1/2 inch EK punch, glued them to the chocolate bar bases, I stamped the 4 snowmen from Sunshine Designs coloured and fussy cut, stamped the snowmen on the background and added the fussy cut ones on top. The dots were made with white opal liquid pearls. 

Don't forget to head over to the main blog and see what the rest of the design team have made. 

Thanks for visiting today, remember the challenge runs for two weeks now. 

6 comments:

Donna said...

WOW look at you go (he he he and Toto...what a cutie)
Your coins are amazing!
They are super fun to make aren't they???
I think I like them more than the AT cards!

Chana Malkah said...

I just love your coins. Those embossed butterflies are awesome. Great job!
Hugz,
Chana

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Two fabulous sets of ATCoins! Toto is such an adorable thief! LOL!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Barbara, are you seriously accusing Toto? That face tells me he is completely innocent, he is just astonished that he is being targeted, LOL!!
Well, having a kitty in our home, I totally sympathize with you because our little Ivy is a thief also, she loves my brushes and she's also stolen die cuts and unfinished cards from my desk, LOL!!
But anywho, I digress..... Your coins are amazing, love the beautiful butterflies on your first set, love the shimmer of that silver EP, and the sweet Snowmen on your second set are just the cutest!!
I'm so happy about this challenge, I'm seriously loving it and I can predict I will be making more of these fabulous coins and cards.
Thank you for sharing and forgive Toto, he is a sweetie.😉
XO
PS. Sorry for the long comment.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Toto is a bit naughty but he's soooooo cuuuute! Look at those eyes! My Kiwi likes to steal paper items off my desk, especially die-cuts. I love all of your ATC coins, Barb! I have not tried to make these yet, but I do find them intriguing. Love those snowmen and butterflies!

Mimi said...

Oh, Toto, you little bandit! Little turkey. But so cute... hard to stay mad! Beautiful butterfly coins, and then very cute snowman coins. I think I'll like the snowman coins better after the snow has gone for the season! LOL! Anyway, great job, Barb.