Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It's Tuesday and a Special day!! Shopping Our Stash has a NEW Challenge.

As I said it's a Special Day, not only is it a new challenge, #363 Smooshing at Shopping Our Stash, it's Rudolph Days, Let it Snow at the Jingle Belles it's my Hubby's Birthday!!! So first things first!!! Smooshing, love the term, in the last little while I have done this technique often, with distress oxide inks especially with winter cards but this time I wanted to do something different so I did alcohol ink smooshing. (how to do it at the end)


The colours are so much more brilliant IRL. I cut the smooshed shiny paper with an Elizabeth Craft Design stitched oval added foam core die cut poppies with a cute hello, both are unmarked. The background is embossed with a cuttlebug asian folder.


Used the off cut from the oval for a layer on the inside. 


This smooshed background was the first I made and it is what I used for the instructions. The die cuts were done with foam core. And the oval was elevated with fun foam.


The sentiment is from Stampendous and one of my oldest cling mount stamps.

I shopped my stash for the shiny cardstock (5 years old or more) Technique haven't done in years either,  everything is from my stash, even the foam core I bought 1 1/2 years ago to make a photo booth and it never was used.

Now on with the instructions.

Inside a large zip lock storage bag I put a sized piece of cardstock, this is for knowing where to put your markers.
Scribble all over the plastic bag with the desire colour alcohol markers making sure you cover all over the area of the inside piece of paper.
Then you spritz it with rubbing alcohol and it swirls together, take your cut piece of shiny cardstock and lay it carefully on  top, don't let it sit too long. lift it straight up, check to see if it how you like it. and it drys really quickly (no waiting) forgot to take a picture of the finished piece (duh) but here is another picture of the card.

I am entering this in:

Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Let it Snow

Rudolph Days ~~ September

Thanks for visiting today and head over to the Main Blog and check out what the rest of the design team have made. Check back on Saturday to see hubby's birthday card.

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely way to use your alcohol markers. I have seen this done with water based markers, but i think maybe I like your version better. Thanks for sharing!

lauren bergold said...

i love how you can do this technique over and over and get COMPLETELY different results every single time. and they are both SO AWESOME!!! ♥

Chris Dring said...

Thank you SOOOO much for that tutorial! I have some glossy paper but no reinkers, so this technique I will definitely try with my markers. Your cards are gorgeous! Wow!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Barbara, love, love the colors you chose to "Smoosh" with, they created a beautiful background for your silhouette flowers and a bright sky for your awesome Christmas die cuts. And thank you for the tutorial, very clever indeed.
Awesome cards, teammate.
XO

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I really like your snowy scene.

Lindsey said...

What an interesting technique! Of course, first I would need the proper paper. Hmm. ;)
Two beautiful cards!

Mimi said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for the alcohol marker+ alcohol technique... sounds like you've enlightened many of us! Looking forward to trying! Also, love the colors you used on both.

SmilynStef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SmilynStef said...

I am lovin' that smooshy background ... and the foam core gives the perfect texture for your snowy scene ... so very glad you shared your SNOW with us at Jingle Belles.

Linby said...

TYFS the technique, it makes a lovely background which looks super on your cards.

Donna said...

WOW, these are so pretty Barb!
You totally rocked the challenge!

scrappymo! said...

This background of this Christmas card is so beautiful. I carefully read the instructions (even wrote them out), as i am going to give this a try!

Love that sweet sleigh die and sentiment die also.

Thank you for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

lauren bergold said...

i know that technically i already commented on this, but both cards are awesome and i especially love the cool addition to our "let it snow" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥