Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Shopping Our Stash #363 is Christmas in July.

Welcome back to a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash!!! #363 is Christmas in July....we are hoping to make you feel cool since we are in a heatwave.  I'm not having any trouble getting my crafting done but without internet at the cottage it's darned near impossible to get blog posts done.  They have WiFi everywhere but they are not equal, I spent an hour in a McDonalds today and never got on the internet at all. I'm hoping to play catch up when I get home to my WiFi.  Anyway here is what I did for my Christmas in July Theme.


Here is my winter scene, I love this deer set from Impression Obsession. the ovals are my ancient Spellbinders large classic set. The embossed background is Softly falling from Stampin'up and of course the sentiment is also from IO. First I took a 4 X 5 1/4 white cardstock and smooshed it into blue & turquoise oxide ink on my teflon sheet. I cut the oval for the scene and used the off-cut for a layer. The deer and the tree as well as the embossed layer were in my "box of extras"


The deer were cut last Christmas and out of some suede like cardstock I bought from the $$ store. I elevated the oval with an oval piece of fun foam.


Finished the inside with a strip of cardstock that I embossed.

I would like to enter this in:

Jingle Belles Rock ~~ All bundled up (lots of layers)  I think I got it right!!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will find time to get your Holiday cards started with the Christmas in July Theme at Shopping Our Stash.

7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful winter scene you created on this lovely card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a gorgeous winter scene, Barb! Love the deer!

lauren bergold said...

i love those IO deer as well and use them all the time, but i'm not sure i've EVER made them look as lovely as this!!!! ♥♥♥

SmilynStef said...

What a perfect little winter scene ... so glad you bundled-up with us at Jingle Belles.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Barbara, what gorgeous Winter scene, loaded with texture and beautiful details. Love the snowbanks the deer are standing on and the lovely pattern paper on the background.
Beautiful and elegant card.
Hugs.

lauren bergold said...

a totally luscious and layery entry to our "all bundled up" gallery at JINGLE BELLES too! ♥

Tracy said...

Ohhhh Christmas... it will be here before we know it.
Another beautiful card and love the deers cut out with a suede card stock!