Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Another New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!!!

Hello and a fabulous day it is!! A new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is Lazy Summer Days, which translates to "what are you going to do to relax"? Well since every chance I get I want to relax at the cottage and how I relax mostly is to craft and take walks to the dead end and sit on a rock watch the boats and the water.


As I mentioned I like to craft at the cottage and it's always hard to remember everything I'm always stressed to remember medications especially the cat's meds, I make lists but you would think since I truck certain tools back and forth that I would remember them....nope, left my markers at home,  I didn't have but 5 distress markers and none of them were blue or brown so off to the dollar store and bought some pencil crayons that will remain at the cottage for the next faux pas. 


A closer look at the image, I love this set it's called Summer by the Sea and so far this year I have used 3 out of the 4 images, sadly it's retired from Stampin'up. 

Stuff I used on my card
Sketch by Sweet Wednesday Sketch 2
Stamp from Stampin'up
Embossing folder - Darice (never been used)
Spellbinders Small classic ovals
Flower and Hello unmarked dies
Cardstock mostly used scraps
Blue, expresso, sand, white

I'm enter this in:


Now I've shown you how I'm relaxing it's your turn to show us how you are relaxing this summer. So head over to the main blog check out the few rules and see how the rest of the design team are relaxing this summer.

6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

ok, see, i don't think ANYONE would guess that you didn't have the right stuff if you had not told us! this is a brilliant card made even better by your clever "save"!!! <3

Kathie said...

Barbara I love your card, and it looks great coloured with pencils. It makes a nice change and look more like water colours. This is a great image. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT
From
Kathie'z Kardz

Mimi said...

What an ideal life you lead... chillin' and craftin' at a cottage? Sigh. When your biggest problem is not having a blue pen, life is good! Happy summer!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Great job with the colored pencils! Love your card! Makes me feel relaxed! Thanks for joining us at SSW2!
Judi SSW2

Donna said...

Fab card and a fab take on the sketch!!
Great idea to keep a stash of supplies at the cottage for a crafting emergency!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I absolutely love this image, I can almost feel the cool water she's dipping her toes in.
Such a peaceful scene Barbara, I love that "you didn't have the necessary supplies", LOL!! The pencil crayons worked great!!!
Enjoy your time off.
Hugs,
Maria.