Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cut and Paste is Challenge #269 at Shopping Our Stash!!!

Thanks to Chana I'm heading way, way out of my comfort zone, it's not that I don't have the equipment but no stamping and colouring is foreign to me. Shopping Our Stash  #269 is Cut and Paste......use stencils and dies only....NO STAMPING.  Here is my offering for the challenge.


So many firsts on this card....first time to use the Hero Arts Large Lotus Pattern stencil and technique, first time using the Impression Obsession Die they have both been in my possession for at least a year. First I spritzed the white cardstock with Dylusions purple ink spray when dry I sponged Spun Sugar distress ink over the flowers.


I cut the purple vellum that I found at a yard sale 4 years ago, then I cut the inserts for the flower and leaves from scraps of shimmer paper. Wow I paper pieced it!!! Cut and paste is what we want.


The Hello was cut with a Cuttlebug die plate (it's ancient) and seeing how Chris has layered a word sentiment on top of a black one to give dimension  I just needed to try it. Wow another first. 


Inside of the card using a scrap of purple cardstock from my stash...a sentiment will be added later.

I am entering this in:
Hiding in my Craft Room #266 Super Scraps Saturday.(everything except the base was a scrap)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will join Shopping Our Stash for "Cut and Paste" Don't forget to check out the blog and see what my teamies have done for the challenge. 


7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

So beautiful, Barb! Love the colour and the beautiful stencilling! You guys have tough challenges over there!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! Barbara, what gorgeous colors you achieved on this panel with all the sponging and spraying, your die cut flower looks lovely with this background.
Awesome paper piecing, beautiful job on this NO stamping challenge.
Hugs,
Maria.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! Barbara, what gorgeous colors you achieved on this panel with all the sponging and spraying, your die cut flower looks lovely with this background.
Awesome paper piecing, beautiful job on this NO stamping challenge.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lindsey said...

Look at all that purple gloriousness! ;) Great work using so many stash items and trying so many things. Result... beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

for someone who says she was out of her comfort zone YOWZA, missus, you have really risen to the occasion, i so totally LOVE THIS! (plus meritorious use of stash, including NMBUS! which is always awesome!) <3

Tracy said...

Wow, no stamping or colouring ;)
Your card is so pretty and I bet you had fun creating out of your comfort zone :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is lovely!! All the purple is gorgeous and I love how you shadowed the greeting!