Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #143….Buttons and Bows


Looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post, just scroll down or click HERE.
Wow that week went fast, how did you  do with the Sentiments only challenge, I thought it was fun. At Shopping Our Stash we hope to  provide challenges that are fun and you can make a small dent in the stash you have happening. This challenge you get to dig into the button box and the ribbon bin, and put them on your project don’t forget to enter in the challenge you will find HERE. While you are there check out the great inspiration the rest of the design team has done.
IMG_2015
The image I used is from Lacy Sunshine and her name is Bitty Boo, isn’t she just the sweetest. Since she has buttons an bows on her I was all set before I added more, She was coloured with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. I cut the image with spellbinders oval and I traced around the outside of them die and hand cut it, which of course wasn’t perfect so I did a bit of distressing, I then layered it on a spellbinders fancy oval cut.
IMG_2016
A close up of the buttons and distressing. (shudder)
IMG_2017
Semi finished inside.
Thanks for stopping by today and get your craft on and join the Buttons and Bows challenge at Shopping Our Stash  Singing the song Buttons and Bows is not necessary, although that’s what I’m doing right now. .

8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Barb, love that the image you used has buttons and bows on it! Genius! Kudos to you for doing some edge distressing! Tracing around a die to get that in-between layer is sometimes needed (I do it all the time!) Fabulous card!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, that stamp is just way toooooo cute and the PERFECT choice for this challenge!!! :)

Donna said...

Look at you going all distressed!! Good on ya!!! I knew you could do it! That image is sooooo cute!

Lindsey said...

This is adorable, Barbara! Obviously you love distressing as much as I do. ;)

Lynn's Place said...

Just love those big, big eyes the card is so cute...tfs

Leslie Hanna said...

She has buttons ON HER! Perfection. Also, there are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for embellishment, so your distressing was just the ticket for the hand-cut oval. You MEANT TO DO THAT! See how that works? :)

Tracy said...

Cute card, and such a sweet image.
This little girl reminds me of a character from mine or my little sisters youth, but can't remember which one.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

What a cutie! Love all the pink and that die is perfect!
Blessings,
Michelle