Monday, October 21, 2013

Second week of the Stencil It challenge…….

Over at the Cheerful Stamp Pad, check it out. If you have a stencil get it out and join the fun. We have a great sponsor this challenge it’s Stencil Girl Products…that is so appropriate.
Two firsts for me this week…..first time using a stencil and first time trying a background with distress inks and a spray bottle. I purchased a stencil but was not having much luck with getting what I wanted, I need more practice.  I had made myself a flourish stencil with the Tim Holtz Flourishes sizzix die, being smaller it was easier for me to work with.
IMG_1776
Not the best picture but I like the way it came together.  Here is a closer look at the stencil flourish.
IMG_1777
Supplies
Cardstock GP white Bashful blue for the circle and backing of the tag.
Distress inks
Silks Acrylic Glaze Solar Gold
Flowers & gold brads
Stencil made from Spellbinders packaging and Tim Holtz Flourishes Sizzix die.
Celebrate from a SU set.
Thanks for stopping by today and head over to The Cheerful Stamp Pad and check out what the other design team members have done..

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Very pretty tag.
You flourish stencil turned out so nice a crisp.
Beautiful

Lindsey said...

Wow, Barb! Such a gorgeous tag! The stencil is perfect, and so is your distress ink background

Jessi Fogan said...

YOU MADE YOUR OWN STENCIL???? Stunning! Amazing! I totally love how it turned out, Barb!

Laura W said...

Barbara this is gorgeous!

Lynn's Place said...

Beautiful tag ...tfs