Saturday, October 12, 2013

It’s Saturday!! Time for a new Challenge at the Drunken Stampers

First thing……Happy Thanksgiving weekend to my Canadian friends and readers have a super weekend with family, friends and food!!
DS145
Person, Place or Thing is the themes for the challenge this term, the Yellow Canary team has Challenge 145 a Place…..specifically a Carnival….wow lots of options there although I had a tough time I got focused on a Ferris wheel. I had a “travel” paper pad I hadn’t even opened yet and one of the sheets was of the Paris world’s fair and that’s the way I went with my card. Check it out!! and don’t forget to head over to the Drunken Stampers Blog and check out the fabulous cards my “teamies” have made.
IMG_1767
I cut the scalloped oval in the patterned paper and cut the oval in Early expresso to frame the image of the old Ferris wheel (from SU)  The card is 6 X 4.25, it was a blank cream coloured card and envelope from Dollar Tree. The patterned paper has a tinge of green so I added green rhinestones.
Thanks for looking today and please join us for the Place/Carnival challenge at The Drunken Stampers.
Have a crafty weekend!!

9 comments:

Donna said...

Love your card Barb! Love the vintage feel of the paper and the carousel!

Karen Schroeder said...

A great vintage card! The Ferris wheel stamp is perfect!

Lynn's Place said...

What is there not to love...it is totally awesome....tfs

Chris Dring said...

Love the old world vibe to your card Barbara! I can almost taste the cotton candy!

Tracy said...

You did a wonderful job of this challenge.
I really like this card, great colours :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love how the paper echoes the stamp! Awesome :)
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!

Lindsey said...

This is perfect, Barb! The stamp and the patterned paper work so well together.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenny Marples said...

Great card Barbara. Jenny x

Jenny Marples said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Barb. I SERIOUSLY recommend you take a look at Vivian Keh's video if you need to know a quick way to get to grips with stencils and look incredibly arty too! The link is on my post (and she has another video in her previous post on the same subject too). Good luck! Jenny x