Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Blending In

 Challenge #474 at Shopping Our Stash is Blending In which means we want to see some form of ink blending on your project. I have done some ink blending but for this challenge I decided to do some You Tube surfing and found a Gina K video from World Cardmaking day 2020 and followed her step by step, now I much admit I only got the ink blending part done while she made full cards, the best part I had fun and got very inky with abandoned coral. (I used distress oxide inks)  Now I finished my card as Gina does with a white base, thin black layer under the image and I left the 1/2 inch border as she did and I really like how it looks, how's that for venturing out of my comfort zone?


The silhouette stamp I used is a pretty old one from Stampin'up, it stuck on the stamp positioner very tightly I cold stamp it 4 or 5 times to get the black image, unlike the Birthday stamp that moved and I couldn't re-stamp it to make it darker, it looks better IRL. 


Closer look at the sentiment. 


For the inside I used a scrap of the blended paper, a smaller stamp from the same stamp set from Stampin'up. The verse is from Fran's Cling Stamps at Stampendous.

Thanks for spending some time here today I hope you will try your hand at some ink blending and head over to the MAIN BLOG and check out what the rest of the design team have made to inspire you. 







1 comment:

dj said...

Beautiful...love the matching inside of your card!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new "Blending In" challenge over at SOS!!