Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Inspired by the Jingle Belles Rock Blog Banner......

 Well it's not the last day for the challenge but pretty close but since we have had 6 inches or more of snow overnight and it's still coming down I had some time to make a card for the challenge. I must tell you I went a long way out of my comfort zone on this, using techniques I haven't done in years if I ever did them except in practice. The banner was saying make a Slimline card so I did. 


First I blended eggshell blue oxide in all over the white panel, then added some dots to the left side  twith the same ink, toward the right I added a Christmas word stamp. then the Pinte tree which I stamped off once. The forest behind inked in Mowed lawn was stamped off two or three times. I just love how this turned out. 


Close up of the words and trees, Both stamps I used are many years old and haven't seen ink in a long while. (they are happy)


The inside was finished with a a stamp I won at the Jingle Belles, I thought it very appropriate to use. I added a few snowflakes. 

Don't forget to check out the Jingle Belles Banner below.

I'm entering this in:
Jingle Belles Rock ~~ A Banner Holiday 

Thanks for stopping by today and stay safe and warm.




3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, wow, WOW! this is an amazing card by any standard, but it's also an incredible take on the banner challenge, you've incorporated so many elements and so wonderfully well. absolutely LOVE THIS missus!!! o pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun in 2020, hope you are up for 2021 as well, it wouldn't be the same without you!

SmilynStef said...

that sentiment stamp is perfect ... love all of the elements you included in your design ... so very glad you joined our BANNER Holiday at Jingle Belles.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh I love this too, Barb! What a gorgeous card, and how fun to use some stamps and techniques that you haven't done in ages! Way to go on your slimline card! I've only tried one of these - this size works perfectly for your banner challenge! Awesome card!