Tuesday, June 9, 2020

It's UFO time at Shopping Our Stash!!!

No we are not going outerspace or flying saucers we are looking for UnFinished Objects, you know the stuff you cut extra of, or go on a colouring frenzy one weekend and have a box of coloured images,  I suggested the theme for the simple reason two or three valentine's ago I had the making of a card done, base, two layers, colour fussy cut image and a few other odds and ends so while contemplating what parts I was going to use they disappeared. I searched for a couple of days to no avail and made another simpler card. Here is the grouping I lost.


All the parts disappeared and one day while I was sorting cardstock, must have set them down and put something on top and it was almost 2 years later I found them. So those are just some of my UFOs and here is what I did with them.


I decided it was a long way to Valentine's day so I would make it into a birthday card, since I'm at the cottage I have limited supplies, #1 I forgot my guilliotine cutter again, #2 I only brought 3 paper pads with me but one was a Christmas pad that had oodles of plaid. The image is a stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie I have had it for years. I fussy cut the image and popped it up on the heart.


Finished the inside with a couple of snippits of plaid and a sentiment from Impression Obsession.

I followed Sketch Saturday's Sketch (loosly)
I am entering this in:


There you have it, my story of my UFO and now I still have a UFO valentine base to use in February, now you have seen mine head over to the Main Blog and check out the rest of the UFOs.


4 comments:

Donna said...

Fab card Barb!
I love that you found the pieces two years later.
I am always putting things in a "safe place" - never to be seen again!
No wonder we are such good friends!

Love this image and the design paper - a fab take on the sketch to boot!

Chana Malkah said...

Love how you used your UFOs! Nice job!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Lindsey said...

For limited supplies, this is a gorgeous card! I'm impressed it only took a couple of years to rediscover them!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, lovely image.