Saturday, February 24, 2018

It's Saturday and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers has a NEW Challenge!!

Two weeks have just flown by and here we are with a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, I hope this challenge is more to your liking than G is for Galaxy (it was a fun one). The  new challenge is T is for Tissue so get your thinking caps on and come up with a project using tissue on it. Check out the design team cards as they show you many different ways to use tissue.


I had plan A and plan B well plan A didn't even make it to the drawing board. This is a technique using tissue and a glue stick. First I coloured the image I embossed the black and coloured with copics that part is very important as once you rub the glue stick over the whole image any other colouring medium will run. The stamp I used is from the Artful Stamper and the die cut is an unbranded die. 


The technique is Faux Silk and the close up shows it really does look like silk.


I finished the inside to look like the front with the frame, the sentiment is from the $2 bin at Michaels, another challenge with no snark. 

Thanks for stopping by today and be creative this weekend.



7 comments:

Jane Willis said...

It really does look like silk, what a great technique!
Jane

Dotty Jo said...

What a great effect! So soft and pretty, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Great technique with a beautiful result! Love that big giraffe image.

KT Fit Kitty said...

That is a cool technique, Barb! I've never tried this before; it has a lovely soft effect. Great sentiment on the inside of your card too!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh that's fantastic!
I didn't realize you did the image first and then went over it with the glue...very cool!
For some reason I thought you had reverse stamped the image under the tissue!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Looks great. You rocked this challenge.

Majo said...

Love all the texture, do did so well, my dear Sistah ♥