Tuesday, April 21, 2015

SOS Challenge #198 Texture Me…….

Looking for my Clear it Out Post scroll down or click HERE.

Did you have fun last week with the Lost and Found Challenge? I hope you found lot’s of new to you things, I did. The new challenge at Shopping Our Stash is Texture Me  -- use your oldest embossing supply (folder, powder, or even a stylus and brass template)  I used my very first cuttlebug embossing folder. the Happy Birthday one. A few years ago, before I had a die cutting/embossing machine someone posted on a chat board they had accidently bought two Birthday folders (like most of us never buy duplicates) and said the first person to post would be the winner and it was me.
IMG_2842
I bought a package of Black and white patterned paper at Winners a while ago and one of the designs was a shimmery white, I used it to emboss the Happy Birthday. I wanted to show most of the folder and just added the little house mouse image and a scrap of ribbon.
IMG_2843
I wish you could see how shimmery this is and so sad it’s the last piece.
IMG_2844
Simple inside and the sentiment is from Printworks. I coloured the hearts with pink.
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you will join in the fun for this awesome challenge. Head over to the SOS blog check out the rules and see what the rest of the design team have for their “texture” project.

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love this folder. I have the folder. I like to use it like you did, letting it be the star, and just adding a small image. Beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

what a great folder and i think you've used it absolutely perfectly here! fabulous birthday card for sure!!!

Chana Malkah said...

Love the EF and your creative use of it here. Very nice CAS card! Nice work!
Hugz,
Chana

Michele said...

this is wonderful! xo

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty with the shimmery embossed paper.
Of course the image is adorable :)

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! Such a cute card! I have that EF from waaaaay back too! I love how you've used it here!!

Lynn's Place said...

Love those mice...so cute love this card...tfs <((><

Jessi Fogan said...

I always want to leave this folder the star too! Love the shimmery paper & of course that mouse!