Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Time to be Thankful

It’s Thanksgiving week in the United States this week and there are a couple of challenges featuring “thankful” cards. The first one I found at Crop Stop and you have until November 29th to put your “thankful” card on their blog. I’m also entering this one at  Use it Tuesday and there is 4 days left on this challenge there too. I love the concept of Use it Tuesday as it is to use your stash and boy have I got lots of it. Stamps that have never seen ink and paper I’m saving.
The stamp is from Unity Stamp company, the image just lends itself to a circle, so used my plain circle nestabilities (my first set of nesties) The background is green vellum I found on one of our yard sale ventures earlier this year and I embossed it with the birds and swirls cuttlebug folder. I attached the vellum to green cardstock  with brads and then adhered it to the card base.
                           Thank you 
Thanks for stopping by today and try to take some time to for yourself.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Beautiful card--love that flower! Glad you joined us at UIT this week!!

Lynn's Place said...

I love this one so pretty ...wheh do I get it huh huh tfs

Gail said...

oooo ahhh Barb!! what an elegant peice of art..wow..i love how you put this all together..lol.@ lynn..awesome job Barb..tfs..loves ya

Vicki said...

Lovely card! I love the fresh, green color and embossing. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Simple yet elegant! Wonderful embossing and image coloring!

Thanks for joining CropStop's Thanksgiving Challenge!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Sharron Lynne said...

Very elegant! Love the green.

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad you dove into your stash, such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-haven

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beautiful! The green is so lovely... the embossing goes so well with the image. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Use It Tuesday!